Friday, February 11, 2011

Why I love Discount Tire

On September 21, 2010 (yeah it was a while ago) Elliot and I were driving North on I-15 in Lindon, when Elliot noticed the car started ridding weird. So he moved over to the right lane, and slowed down. We had to stay in that lane driving for about a 1/4 of a mile because there was construction and no shoulder.

(The car started ridding weird at the Red dot, and we were able to pull over at the Green dot.)

Once we finally pulled over Elliot got out of the car and saw what he was thinking was right. We had a flat tire So, like a good husband, he changed the flat, and like a good wife, I took pictures. At the timethis was our only car so we HAD to get the doughnut off ASAP and get the tire back on. So, after we were done, about 6:05pm I called Discount Tire.

Discount closed at 6:00pm; however, they said they would stay open for us! When we got to Discount, at 6:15, they took our car right back and looked at our flat. They then came and told us, the tire is not fixable because it was totally destroyed from driving on it. And on top of that, we didn’t get insurance on the tires, which we had bought 2 months before, so we were going to have to buy a new tire costing us almost $80.

I took a deep breath, probably rolled my eyes, and told Elliot, well, we have to do what we have to do. So, Elliot went to tell the guy working that it looks like we are buying a new tire. To which he replied, “Well, what I can do is add insurance to your tires, which will be about $50, and back date it, so you won’t have to buy a new tire” saving us about $30. That sounded better to me, so I told Elliot let’s do it!

Then the guy working on the tire came in and said he pulled out the valve that you use to put air in your tire with his hand. (THAT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE POSSIBLE) So, the guy that was ringing us up went out and looked at it, then came back in and asked “you got these tires two months ago? This is this is NEVER supposed to happen. I don’t know if the guys at the Orem Discount don’t know what they are doing or what happened so this is what we can do. We will give you a new tire for NO CHARGE and you don’t have to get insurance on your tires if you don’t want to. BUT if you want to get insurance on your tires we will drop the price to $35 to insure ALL FOUR tires.” It totally made my day We ended up walking out of there, at about 6:30, with a brand new tire, insurance on all 4 tires for about $40 with tax.

WOW, huh?!?!? Understand now??? I sure hope so!‼



No comments: