Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Genius Idea!

For Christmas I got Elliot and Xbox, and for Valentine ’s Day (I know it hasn’t happened yet…it was an early Valentine’s day present)I (meaning he bought it for himself and I decided I would call it his Valentine’s day present from me) got him Xbox live. Well, last night he said something about wanting Netflix, so I jumped on line, looked it up, and signed us up for a free month. We got it all set up so we could watch Netflix through the Xbox and watched a documentary called “Everybody Loves…Babies”. It was cute; it shows the early development of four babies from different parts of the world. There is once baby who is part of a tribe in Namibia who don’t wear cloths, so that was a little weird, but all in all I liked it. Anyway…after we watched that we watched a documentary about Cocaine which I fell asleep watching. The next thing I remember is Elliot turning off the TV, I asked him what time it was to which he replied, it’s around 5:00 am and I’m not tired. I rolled over and fell back asleep, and around 7:00 Elliot woke me up and said that he had moved all our clean clothes off our bed and we could now sleep in our bed. It is now 2 in the afternoon and Elliot is still asleep in bed.

Well, now for the whole reason of this blog. I got up a few hours ago really hungry so I made me some waffles and decided to watch another documentary, I’m not sure if it was the best decision I have ever made but I watched one about Disneyland. Now, I really really really want to go!!!! Wanting to go is not a new thing. I have been asking Elliot if we can go to Disneyland for three years now (we haven’t even been married three years) and he always just blows me off, because he went with his family as a teenager and didn’t like one minute of it (or so he says). Then to add to that, we bought a new house 7 months ago, I got a new car for my birthday 4 months ago, and our life style is getting more expensive by the week. What does this all mean?? I don’t know if there is going to be anyway I will ever be able to convince Elliot that Disneyland is really the Happiest Place on EARTH! I have tried everything I can think of to ‘help’ him want to go. Nothing has worked. However, as I lay on my couch, not feeling too great, thinking about how I can get Elliot to say yes to Disneyland I had an idea. I am going to stop trying to get him to say yes and try a different direction.

On the Disneyland documentary it talked about the “Indiana Jones” ride. Rewind to 1995, last time I went to Disneyland, the Indiana Jones ride was the newest ride in the park. We were so excited to ride it, when we realized Alec was too short. So mom took him to ride other rides while Haley, Dad and I rode Indiana Jones. Now, fast-forward to today, I may be a bit emotional right now, and miss my little brother, but when they started talking about that ride it made me sad. I thought, I don’t want to go back to Disneyland unless Alec can come with me, I HAVE to ride that ride with him, it wouldn’t be fair of me to go back and ride it again without him.

So, to my different direction idea…I am going to talk to my parents about planning a family, like the whole family, Mom, Dad, Elliot, Me, Haley, Gray and Alec, trip to Disneyland. GENIUS yeah?!?! Elliot can’t say no to a whole family trip; and if he does he can stay home and take care of our turtle while I go have fun. (That is supposed to be funny). So, now my plan is to talk to my parents and Haley and Gray, crunch some numbers, and figure out how much we need to start saving every month to go to the happiest place on earth, I’m thinking next January!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Ann Graves Matthews said...

I vote... HELL YEAH!!!! Count me in!!!

Dan & Celeste said...

Disneyland is much more fun when you have kids too, wait until your kids are around 4 and you'll have the time of your life. I don't think I've ever had So much fun at Disneyland then when I've taken my boys and watched them and their excitement there.