Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Daddys Day

My dad is one of the most amazing men you will ever meet. He is kind, loving, giving, wonderful and the list goes on and on. Every one that meets him has nothing but good things to say about him. I was once told that animals and children can tell the heart of people. I do not know anyone children and animals love more. In fact, my Uncle once called my dad Snow White, because he is so good with animals. As his daughter I get to see a side of him that not many (out of our family) do. I get to see his funny/goofy side.

I don't know what it is, but he LOVES to put things on his head. Anything and everything he can find goes on his head.

When we were little Saturday morning we would crawl in to bed with him and watch cartoons. We would be laying there and he would start to tickle us. I'm not sure if my mom liked it or not (she got kicked a lot). But we would laugh and laugh and try to get away and he would just tickle us more. The only way we could get loose is tell him we had to go to the bathroom. Once we got a little older that stopped working, he would say "you are old enough to hold it" and tickle us some more.

He has always been there for me, no matter what I need, I know my dad will help me in any way he can.

When I use to work in SLC I would get paid every Friday but for some reason I would ALWAYS run out of money and gas on Thursday. So every Thursday I would go in to his bank and he would give me $20 for gas. Then Friday I would go pay him back. It became almost a tradition, when I paid him back he stopped putting it back in his wallet, it would put it in his top desk drawer and say "it is here for you, when you need it next week".

I could go on for HOURS about how amazing he is and about how much I love him.

Also, Now that I am married I have two more dads. Dahl and Mike.

Dahl is such a fun loving guy. He works at the DMV and the Scera Theater. Which I love!! I don't have to stand in the long lines at the DMV any more =). At the Scera he always lets us come see movies whenever we want (even though I don’t know if he is supposed to). I love to give him a hard time, and he does the same to me.

Mike is a funny guy. He always has us laughing. He is a perfect match for Tracie. He is kind and is always trying to do what is right. He does everything he can to make everyone feel at home and comfortable.


No comments: