I am sitting here bored out of my mind at work. I have read everyone’s blog up to date, and now I am going through reading everyone’s posts on face book. There are a LOT of the “25 random things about me”. This made me think…I have done one before, but I thought why not….I’ll do another one. So…here goes nothing…
1. I love my job!!! Like really love it!! A few weeks ago I was moved from the back (the customer care section) to work at the front desk. I am doing the same job, with a few additions, just in a different location. At first I was totally bummed, I LOVED working back there, when calls weren’t coming in we could chit chat, but up at the front desk I have no one to talk to. Well, I have learned to love it!! One because I it is quieter up here, I am the only one on the phone (and really the only one up here). Two, I get to listen to my music, I keep it low but I still get to. Three because I have gotten to know Amanda a lot better because she comes up here and talks to me. And four, I have gotten to know the “office” people, like Justin, he is FUNNY!!!!!
2. I love Zesta crackers. Not a big fan of saltines unless they are Zesta. I think any other kind of saltine crackers taste stale. I break them in half or thirds (depending on how daring I am feeling) and then suck on them until they are mush then swallow. I think I got the love for Zesta from my cousins Nicole and Marc (Matt may like them too…but I’m not sure). I could eat them all day long, but I try not to because one they can’t be that good for me two sitting and eating all day is not healthy and three they sometimes give me gas. J
3. I Love Fiji water. I don’t know what it is; it may just be that it is super expensive so I think it is better, or it may be the bottle. I got Fiji water (I'm not sure how long ago) but I still have the bottle and drink out of it every day. At work we have a Mount Olympus water cooler and I fill my Fiji water bottle up every day!
4. I love the Christmas hard candies. You know the ones I am talking about, the ones that look like ribbons and things like that. I could also eat these all day every day, but I don’t…because…do that would make me SUPER fat. (And I don’t want that). But I think the biggest reason is because they cut up my tongue. My amazing sister (Haley) gave me TWO, that’s right TWO bags of this candy a few months ago. So, to stop myself from weighing 500 lbs, I brought them to work and I share them with Jarom and Kristen. I would share them with Mary too…but she doesn’t eat sugar. (I wish I had that kind of will power WOW).
5. If I get bored and I have a water bottle nearby I will drink and drink without noticing how much I have drank until I am either sick or about to wet my pants. I also do this when I am watching TV or playing games, so pretty much doing anything. I have to be very careful when I have water around. :D
6. I LOVE fax machines. I think they are so cool!!!! I kinda want to own one of my own. The reason I don’t is because I don’t have a land line, but more importantly because I don’t know many people other than business that have them. If you have no one to fax, why have a fax machine you know what I mean?? Oh, and the other reason I don’t is because it would be a waste of money and Elliot really is not in to wasting money.
7. Some people know this, some people don’t, and I don’t usually admit to it. But I kinda stocked Elliot until he decided that he really did like me again, and that I was the one he wanted to marry. (Since I am writing a lot about everything I will explain the story of our courtship.) When Elliot and I were in high school we dated for about 6-7 months then we broke up because we were in high school and wanted to date other people (you could say). Then about a year later after we were graduated I found out he worked at Taco Time. Toni and I decided to go visit him, but also play dumb. I didn’t want him knowing that I knew he worked there. So we went and when I saw him I played the dumb girl and used the line “oh…I didn’t know you worked here”. Well we talked for a while and then he told us if we wanted to we could come back around midnight because that was when he got off. We, of course, ended up back at Taco Time at midnight, and ended up hanging out with him ALL night. A few days later he asked if we wanted a job there because they really needed people. Toni and I started working at Taco Time, and Elliot grew to hate us. We would always talk to each other on the head sets. One night we were talking to each other over the head sets and it really made Elliot mad, right as we closed he took them from us. We went on with our closing responsibilities but we would stop every once in a while I sign to each other (ASL). That REALLY upset him, so he turned to us in a fit of anger and said “if you girls don’t stop signing to each other and start working, I will cut your hands off.” We laughed HARD…poor guy!!! Anyway…Toni and I quit Taco Time and Elliot went on his mission. He wrote me 2 and I replied both times, but we didn’t talk after that. Right before he got home from his mission my friend Sarah was working with his mom at the state hospital and she told Sarah that she should go to Elliot’s homecoming. Sarah invited me to go with her and her husband to the home coming. Unannounced to me, Elliot had received an email a few weeks before informing him that I wanted to date him. (SIDE NOTE: I told my cousin that I was excited for him to come home because then maybe we could be friends again. She asked me what I would do if we dated, to which I replied, that would be cool. She took it as “I want to date Elliot!” she told his brother who told him.) So, when he saw me at his home coming it freaked him out, so needless to say we didn’t talk much. A few months later I heard he worked at TGI Fridays, so what did I do?? I started going there. I would go about every other month, and whenever he would be my server I would leave him a HUGE tip. After about 8 months or so he realized that maybe I would make a good friend. We exchanged numbers and long story short 3 (or so) weeks after that we were engaged.
8. I don’t like when there is a light bulb burned out in a fixture even if there are other lights in it. For example, in a bath room above the sink if there are 4 lights and one burns out, I HAVE to replace it. AND if I don’t have the same light bulb I have to go out and get a matching bulb. I think this stems from my slight OCD. Because I feel this way I stood on my desk a few days ago to replace a light bulb J
My mind has gone totally blank, I cannot think of anything else. So I decided I would just add things as I thought of them…so 8 down 17 to go!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment