Friday, September 18, 2009

~*~UP-DATES~*~

Advice for the day..."Don't lick a metal ice cream scoop after scooping ice cream. It is frozen, and it will stick to your lip and rip the skin off making you bleed!!!"

So, I’ll tell you what happened. Elliot and I sent our passports and information to a company called A Briggs to take our information to the Brazilian Consulate to get us our visas. We sent this information through FedEx and they told us it would be there Friday, or Monday at the latest. Well it didn’t get there Friday, so we figured it would be there Monday. It wasn’t there Monday so I called and they were trying to deliver it to the WRONG address. (I don’t know where they got the address they were trying to sent it too.) So, I changed it with the person I was talking to. Then I had a feeling to call back and make sure it was changed, it wasn’t. I changed it again with two more people on the phone. Well, it wasn’t delivered the next day or the next and after LOTS of phone calls, lots of yelling and a HUGE mess we got it delivered to the correct address a week later. FedEx told us they would reimburse us for the shipping fees, (which by the way they still haven’t). I then found out I sent the wrong paper work so I had to overnight more paper work to A Briggs. FedEx paid for us to overnight that for free, (which was very nice). Well after everything was received at A Briggs, a week later then it should have. The Brazilian Consulate decided to change their rules. They decided that you could not hire someone to get a visa for you. You had to apply yourself in person (or an immediate family member could do it for you). AND you have to make an appointment to go apply. So, I looked on line to make an appointment and they are booked until AFTER we are supposed to leave. The other problem is the Brazilian Consulate is in LA!! That’s right Cali!! So Elliot would have to drive out to LA drop our applications off, and then TEN days later drive back out to pick them up. Because they won’t mail them to you…you have to drop off and pick up in PERSON!!!!! So there goes our Brazil trip. Then we found out that Delta charged $250 a TICKET (so yes, that is $500 TOTAL) in ticket changing fee’s. So we paid almost $1,400 on our flight to Brazil and we get a Delta Credit of just under $900 in return. LAME!!!!!

So, now that we can’t go to Brazil we deiced to go on a cruise, we have almost $900 in Delta tickets so we could fly to Cali for no money out of our pocket. Well, yesterday my dear husband (Elliot) called me and said…”do you know the Honorable judge Ted Stewart?" I told him “No” and thought…OH CRAP!!! What ticket did I forget about?? What did I do????? Elliot replied “You may get to meet him...as a juror in his court room.” So I get to go to SLC on September 28th at 7:40am to find out if I am going to be a juror. So there goes our cruise plans. Well, kinda…we want to wait to book our cruise until we know if I have to serve as a juror and if so how long.

In other words someone does not want Elliot and I to travel for some reason. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

1 comment:

Preston and Kara said...

Oh man! That REALLY sucks! I hope you guys get out there sooner or later!

I saw a picture of your house on facebook, SO stinking cute! I love it! Congratulations, by the way. A HOUSE! That's so awesome :D How long have you guys had it for?

oh, I also LOVE your blog background. Very cute!

Miss you and hope all is well!

xxx, Kara